Dean Powers, the founder and CEO of Zojax, is originally from Bellevue, Washington. He received his MBA from the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. Dean is a veteran of the internet, having started his career in the days of CP/M and 10 megabyte hard drives! Besides being the CEO of Zojax, Dean is active in the “alternatives” community and commissioned Zojax developers and developed a social networking site for individuals interested in alternatives. The site was developed using the Buddyboss implementation of WordPress.
Dean is a “hands-on” CEO who works with customers and developers on a daily basis and responds to email and chat requests.
After a technical career with US WEST in Seattle, Washington, Dean worked with several Silicon Valley startups (Connexion/Reliant) as a Sales Engineer and Product Manager. In 2005, 17 years ago, Dean created a small Web application development company, incorporated in Bellevue, Washington.
Starting with one software developer and one client, Zojax now has a dozen developers. The active client list of Zojax includes:
- The Quick Group of Companies in NYC including Quick.aero, Sterling, Quick Time Critical, and QuickSTAT
- TRAC Intermodal and FYX Fleet in New Jersey
- Institute for Knowledge Management (ISKME) in Half Moon Bay, California
- Mookai, a Marketing Agency in Toronto, Canada
- North American Airlines Loan, Borrow Forum (NAALBF)
- A New Dawn in the Negev, an Israeli nonprofit organization based in the Bedouin city of Rahat
Web Development Software Platforms
Zojax began developing Content Management Systems using Open Source Web Frameworks including Plone, Zope, and Pyramid. Today, our preferred web frameworks are:
- Wagtail (An extension of Django)
- CodeRed (An implementation of Wagtail)
- Zojax supports Amazon AWS for deployment of both Websites and Custom Web Applications
- Although a rarely used web framework, Zojax has 3+ years of developing Intranet CMS systems and websites using the Pyramid Web Framework
We are not great fans of WordPress (we think that Django is superior), but we have a few clients that have asked us to support this CMS. This support of WordPress has led us to develop a social network on the Buddyboss platform for the “Alternatives” community at http://community.alternatives.network.
- Deployment of WordPress Code at WPEngine.com
- Custom WordPress Development
- Buddyboss Custom Development and Support
- Develop of iOS and Android WordPress Applications using the Buddyboss platform
- Custom Social Walls
Zojax also provides Web Design Services (this site was designed by our web designer) as was community.alternatives.network. Our web design and UI work is enhanced by a dedicated front-end developer who ensures that implementations are responsive on desktop and mobile devices on a variety of web browsers and screen dimensions.
Our work with enterprise level customers has enabled us to develop services specifically for marketing divisions of large companies. Our services include:
- Salesforce support (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Salesforce Administration)
- Pardot website integration, Contact Forms, and Email Blasts
- Hubspot website integration (Contact Form and Chat interface on this site use HubSpot)
The Zojax team consists of experienced Django developers, Wagtail developers, WordPress developers, and Pyramid Web Framework developers.